Symfony is an open source application framework. Initially released in 2005, Symfony is downloaded over 5 million times per month.
Symfony is a set of PHP Components, a Web Application framework, a Philosophy, and a Community — all working together in harmony.
- Reputation: Quickly adopted by professionals active in this field following its launch in 2005, Symfony today is a stable environment that is both well-known and recognized internationally. The number of its references attests to this, as they have grown significantly since its launch. Symfony is also an active community; developers, integrators, users and other contributors who participate in the on-going enrichment of this tool.
- Permanence: Behind Symfony there is a company: SensioLabs. Created more than 12 years ago, SensioLabs is a web agency that has many major accounts among its references. Envisioned for its own needs, the Symfony framework is today still the daily tool used by its own teams to develop customer projects. Designed by professionals for professionals, Symfony is first and foremost a pragmatic tool, the features of which address real-world-requirements.
- References: Intranets, major general public sites, social networks, community sites, management and workflow applications, etc. Examples are not lacking: Hundreds of sites and applications of all sizes and of all types trust Symfony.
- Innovation: Symfony is everything that you would come to expect from a framework: speed, flexibility, reusable components, etc. Then there is the structure of what has been developed and the use of best practices.
- Resources: When using Symfony, you are assured of never "being alone with your screen." Whether a question of community support (mailings lists, IRC, etc.) or company support (consulting, training, etc.), you will always find the answers to your questions.
- Interoperability: Symfony respects the existing "de facto standards" of PHP: PHPUnit, naming conventions for classes, etc. Furthermore, Symfony also allows you to use certain pieces of its software building blocks (dependency injector, translations management, forms management, etc.) without necessarily using the framework in its entirety.
2.7.72015-11-24 (laatste versie)